What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1/2lb M1 Vietnam medium velocity dynamite

This is kind of off the wall but it did come in todays mail. A 1/2lb stick of medium velocity dynamite used in Vietnam (inert of course). The cost 7 skins. Whats that? Validation you say. Here it is in a U.S. Army FM EXPLOSIVES and DEMOLITIONS 1971.....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 891.jpg
    Picture 891.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 850.jpg
    Picture 850.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture 851.jpg
    Picture 851.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'm trying not be cruel here, but I'm guessing that your "repro" stick of military dynamite originated in the domestic workshop of a person that owns a computer and printer, who could print it on a piece of paper and wrap the paper around a dowel.

Dynamite is typically wrapped with a brown waxed paper to give it strength and a water resistant protection, even the inert variety. I'm also a bit hesitant about its authenticity since the lettering is exactly the same as the sample shown in the book, and the wrapper isn't helical wrapped like real dynamite. The sample drawing from the book shows the helical wrapper with horizontal lettering.

I'm just saying this, because you have expressed a desire for authentic things in the past.

Last edited:
dagnabit

Well, I guess that makes me the BOCN wee-nee of the week, would someone else please pull a similar boner so I can pass the torch!!! Dano

We live and learn Dano.

Nice car though!

weinermobile.jpg

Last edited:
Feeling better already, Is the projo strapped on top of car original or repro??? Hey my computer paper wrapped dowell rod does display well and still waiting to get my Brooklyn Bridge deed!!! I guess if this was the most stupid thing I pulled in my life I would be 2 ex-wives lighter and independently un-poor...Dano

Last edited:
John, you just ain't right buddy, showing the "Oscar Mayer" Weenie Mobil. I bet he will go into seclusion for that one? You bad, bad, very bad x 10 to the 100 power bad. But I digress. It is funny though.:stupido2:

Last edited:
Well Dano, there is nothing wrong with having repro stuff, as long as you know it is repro and advertise it as such, and I certainly wasn't implying that you were stupid. In this Ordnance game, seeing an original helps to recognize the difference between real and repro. I've used dynamite, so I'm familiar with the features of the wrapping.

There are people that tape a number of road flares together into a bundle and try to rob banks with them, or call in a bomb scare. That is called a hoax device, and they are of course illegal. At least they didn't sell you a road flare.

Last edited: