What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 cm Austrian interwar HE projectile

William49

Ordnance approved
I found some photos of a 10 cm projectile in a Russian ammunition page. They describe this projectile as a Czech production. But in picture No. 1 you can see the letters ENZ (stands for company Enzensfeld at Hirtenberg in Austria). Who has more info to this Projectile and the PD fuse M 32? A similar fuse also was used for the 7,5 cm mountain gun.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 30
  • AZ M 32 (4).JPG
    AZ M 32 (4).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 49
Neither shell /fuze is not Czech. It is Austrian, circa 1932.
Used for 7.5cm Mountain cannon vz.15 in Austria.
Akon

I'm confused - are we mixing up the item in the diagram with the item in the photo? Otherwise how does a projectile described as 10cm function in a 7.5cm cannon? Was there a similar Austrian weapon in 10cm?

I'm confused - are we mixing up the item in the diagram with the item in the photo? Otherwise how does a projectile described as 10cm function in a 7.5cm cannon? Was there a similar Austrian weapon in 10cm?

I think William49 shared the diagram for an example (7.5 shell) as the fuze 7.5cm M32 has the same shape as the fuze 10cm M32

After which Akon identified the shell/fuze as used for 7.5 mountain cannon, or only the fuze? I read the original post as for a 10cm with a comparison diagram, but it was the second that threw me off. I expect it is a language difference, but wasn't sure.

After which Akon identified the shell/fuze as used for 7.5 mountain cannon, or only the fuze? I read the original post as for a 10cm with a comparison diagram, but it was the second that threw me off. I expect it is a language difference, but wasn't sure.

[h=1]H.Dv.481/10 Merkblatt für die Österreichische munition der Gebirgskanone 15 , 13.06.1940.[/h]Anlage 1 > ...

Hello everybody, sorry that some viewers are confused. The photos are shown an Austrian 10 cm projectile with a PD fuze for 10,0 cm M32. The only document that I have is the H.Dv. 481/10 where the PD fuze for 7,5 cm M 32 is shown for the 7,5 cm mountain HE projectile 32 and the mountain smoke projectile 32 ( because the Germans used the mountain gun 15 during the WW II). I was looking for info about the fuze M 32 and the 10 cm Austrian projectile. I send an inquiry to the Military Historical Museum in Vienna. But they have no documents about the fuze and ammunition from the interwar time. I hope that someone in BOCN can help me.

Attachments

• HDv.JPG
    HDv.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 23
H.Dv. 119/424 Vorläufige Kommandotafel für die 10 cm Gebirgshaubitze 16 (ö) mit 10 cm A.Z. Granate M 32, M 15/29, 15/32 und 10 cm Dopp. Z. Gr. M 15/30 .
I don't have anything for a fuze.
Akon

The document is here: http://michaelhiske.de.

Vorläufige Kommandotafel für die 10 cm Gebirgshaubitze 16 (ö)
1. Allgemeine Angaben
B. Munition

a) 10 cm A.Z.Gr. M 32​
1. Dieses Geschoß hat eine schlanke Spitze und ist durch einen Streifen roter Lackfarbe um die Mitte der Geschoßhülle als Granate kenntlich.
2.Geschoßgewicht = 13,6 kg
3.Zünder: A.Z. 32
Vor dem Schießen ist die Nagelsicherungskappe abzuschrauben und der Zünder auf Kommando "m.V." zu stellen.
4. Ladung 1. – 5. und eine gesondert verpackte Teilladung "Z" zur Herstellung der 6. oder Zusatzladung.
5.Leistung: V[SUB]0[/SUB] = 210, 237, 266, 298, 350 und 397 m/s.
Bob