What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105mm How

flak18

Hello to you all.... love the site. I've gleaned some wonderful info from you all over the years. I would like to ask if anyone out there has, or can point me in the right direction for any 105mm Howitzer projectiles, I am very interested in this calibre so any projectiles at all, fired or otherwise would be wonderful. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.:wink:

Just so everyone is on the same page, there are a lot of 105mm items out there. Do you have a particular manufacturing country in mind? The U.S. has had a 105H since 1929. Germany had a variety, etc.

Hi..thanks for the reply..The 105mm I am interested in is the US version. I was in the Australian artillery and we fired the M2A2 model so it's the shells for this one I am after. Shells manufactured in other countries are also interesting to me. I suppose the main one I am looking for is the Illum shell, which, as you know, has a totally different shape to the rest. Again, thanks for the reply.:bigsmile:

FYI, the CS-Gas projo is the same shape as the Illum., if you are looking for that specific shape.

Well, since you want the U.S. versions, I would say they are probably more available here, but don't know of any at the moment. You would have a lot less postage to pay if you found one in the UK or Europe.

May some of our other members know of some sources.