What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12,7 x 81 Breda ( Training ??? )

I never had knowledge of this cartridge with wooden projectile, nor exercise of that caliber.

I never had knowledge of this cartridge with wooden projectile, nor exercise of that caliber.

Projectile not made ​​ wood. Projectile is of bronze

Maybe someone has information. Is it ever had training ammunition - Breda ?

Hello,
the ball it's solid or a thin brass cover?
best regards

Hello,
here italian "standard" trainig rounds, are welded and coated:
manipolazione.jpgmanipolazione_.jpg
do not exclude other version.
could be a spanish version with italian case?
an interesting round.
I apologize for not being of help.
best regards

in the last pic, box is hungarian, I assume Hungarian reloaded with italian cases
regards

Google translation, Hungarian: magvas nyomjelzo tolteny = seedy tracer rounds of ammunition (?). Nyomjelzo = tracer.

Hungarian box for 12.7mm M40 tracers?

What are the headstamps?

Could be correct / incorrect cartridges for the box shown.

Last edited:
I tried to translate, seems they are tracer rounds.
regards

Absolutely no guarantee that the box and the cartridge is,, Original,,
Perhaps it was used box ... nothing more.

As you can see in the first photo .. caps are drilled.

fert has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Sorryy ... I can't answer ... :tinysmile_cry_t:

fert has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Sorryy ... I can't answer ... :tinysmile_cry_t:

try again please :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Could it be that Italy provided military trade (or aid) with Hungary before/during WW2 which may have included 12.7 Breda MGs ?

Hello,
Italy provided many ammunitions to Hungary, from 12,7mm to 21cm, included weapons, aircraft etc.. built under licence.
I know italian 12,7mm cases reloaded by Japan, and I think Hungary made same thing.
best regards