What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.8cm flak projectile on ebay...fake?

Yeah, it is a 5 inch 38. I wonder what is stamped around the rotating band?

The guy selling it has a bunch of other German items. He is just under educated with wishful thoughts. Of course, some other person may have sold it to him as a 12.8, screwing him first.

So, I wrote to the guy, and he posted a photo of the rotating band, where some nefarious crook has stamped 12.8cm Spreng FLAK. What a joke.

It appears that someone has turned the original rotating band down, to remove the U.S. markings, and then stamped all that crap into the band. I see he dropped the price, but kept the description.

Last edited:
Yes, some fool bought it at the "Buy it now price"

The description said that it was from his "long time" collection. So, I don't know if somebody else screwed him with the counterfeit, or he was the one that altered it, but he was informed it was fake before it sold, so he is guilty of fraud.

Last edited:
Guys like that always have an out. They will claim that the information you provided did not convince them that your opinion was valid. You did not provide sufficient proof to meet their standard. I have run into that many times. There are a couple of $2000 artillery shells on GunBroker like that last time I looked.