What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

155mm M485 Illumination

Jawasinger

Im currently restoring a M485 illum projo with canister and candle, but Im confused on the canister is the "ejection plate" conected to the drogue shoot. or if this helps I have a fired canister with one open end, wich end of the canister then is the top?

Joel,

Not sure if this diagram will help you or not.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• M485.jpg
    M485.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 51
Thanks Frank I do have this photo, but I still cant figure out on the canister I have has no way to attach a drogue shoot. Which in my head would suggest it was attached to the shear plate for the canister. I know the whole ignition and both ejections happen withen secounds just doesnt seem it would work very good the way Im seeing it.

The cannister is open on one end. That end faces the base of the projectile. The candle is positioned inside the cannister with the open end of the candle towards the fuze. The main chute is below that. The closed end of the cannister is up, directly below the fuze.