What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

155mm propellant Lot number

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Have a picture of a 155mm M 110 projectile with a cardboard cased propellant charge setting next to it, the Lot number is "MA-4-89". can anyone tell me who the manufacture of the propellant might be?

Might be these:

MILAN ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT

MECAR, Belgium

Matra, France (unlikely here)
SA DES EXTINCTEURS MARTIN J., ORLEANS (LOIRET) (France)

STE DES ETS MALICET ET BLIN, AUBERVILLIERS (SEINE-SAINT-DENIS) (France)

STE MBDA, SELLES-SAINT-DENIS (LOIR-ET-CHER) (France)

sorry I was wrong it is Milan, shouldn;t be as it is propellant setting next to an Iraqi 155mm M 110

thanks

Then Mecar may be an option for many reasons (wasn't Mecar involved into HARP?).
Unfortunately I have no idea what the French factories listed above were making (keeping in mind that French stuff was found in Iraq as well if I recall it right).

Finding someones's stuff in Iraq is no surprise. A tougher task would be find a country that did not have stuff in Iraq.

This is not a French company that made this combustible cartridge case. In France, the code "MA" is now only used by MBDA.
"STE DES ETS MALICET ET BLIN, AUBERVILLIERS" and "SA DES EXTINCTEURS MARTIN J., ORLEANS" doesn't manufacture ammunition
Personally, I thought Milan Army Ammunition Plant.

Investigating the surrounding components and the code on the steel parts of the projectile may help.