What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15cm German naval projectile re-used by Norway?

Falcon

A friend of mine bought this. It is around 150mm calibre. It is hollow with a threaded base, and appears to have a ballistic cap. Calibre is around 150mm.

There are some various markings on it, including a Waffenamt eagle stamp with a circle under the eagle instead of a number. There are some other stamps but I couldn't get these to come out in photos.

There are some faint markings in black paint. One of these says "TNT", but I can't see much of the rest.

Was this a German projectile that was re-worked by Norway after the war and recently surplused out?

Thanls for any info.

german150mm.jpg

Nice shells, the onliest thing the Norwegians did was repainting the shell, this one is with the bodenzunder, there is one with an Kopfzunder too, also you can fine a LG shell, and the 12,7 cm and the 10,5 cm shells.