What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17 Pounder APCBC-T

Bockscar

I don't really collect the bigger stuff these days but when the opportunity came along to acquire this along with a few other items, I couldn't resist!
The stamps on the copper driving band on this one identify it as a MK IX and is dated 8/44.

A light going over with a wire brush removed mainly traces of old black paint as well as dirt and surprisingly little rust on the base. Although dinged and dented in places,it is in very good condition given how long it's been since it was manufactured!

One thing I did learn was how the cap was held onto the shell body...the picture shows a ring of solder where it has been sweated in place.

Bockscar.

image.jpg

The 17 Pounder is now looking a bit better after some restoration work.....
all I need now is the case that goes with it. The same goes for the 17 Pounder sight that I have...all I need is the gun to go with that too!

Bockscar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 61