What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17Pr HE

Stuka

A few weeks ago I found a 17Pr case at my local scrap metal dealer. It was in a reasonable condition, except for a little hole and some nicks near the top.
171.jpg 1711.jpg

This makes the case practically worthless for my collection, but I already had a cutaway of a HE shell, which I made earlier.
These could fit together nicely to form a complete round.
So I decided to buy the case, and today I cut 1/4 out of it and milled it smooth. I also gave it a bit of a polish, and I managed to get the dents out, so I could fit the projectile.
179.jpg 176.jpg 179.jpg

177.jpg 178.jpg 174.jpg 173.jpg

Thomas.

That's a great job!!!! I love to see how you use a carpenters hook to enshure the 90 degrees angle is correct and thus add precission to the cutaway model.
Please keep em comming.
Regards, DJH

That's a great job!!!! I love to see how you use a carpenters hook to enshure the 90 degrees angle is correct and thus add precission to the cutaway model.
Please keep em comming.
Regards, DJH
Thank you! I will post some of my older cutaways over the next days!

This came out better then, GREAT! Wow!

The pics with the 90 degree tool showing the precision of your work are the best. Blown away! Pun intended :)

Jason