What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1914/18 fill up or Pin up Girls

millsbomber

Premium Member
I was given this picture yesterday of some lovely girls who filled Mills grenades for mountfords (i hope that's right).... Dave

HPIM6492.jpg

Hi

I think they are only Girls simply workink for their Country during the heavy War.

Pin up girls only work for themselves :angel:

================================

Great picture bud, just shows what a long winded process it was filling a Mills. You would have thought they would have devised some sort of mechanised process to do this to fill them more efficiently.

Andy

The same thought crossed my mind also Darrol, the funnels certainly seem to be holding well in the filler holes the girls have to force the explosive into the inside with the tamper and measure, as 3 of the girls are showing, not easy with a wobbly funnel.
Iis there a airbrush version coming up ?????.... Dave

One of the ladies with the mills Would make a nice painting :) . I bet them funnels are knocking round carboots and such and have gone unnoticed . Be nice to own one .Darrol.