What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1915 Disc Grenade project

timmymac

Started a re-store on this Disc grenade today. Up to this point it was pretty evident want to do & how to do it. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how go about this project from here! I'm a little at a lose because I honestly didn't think I'd get this far, lol!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 54
Hello, Your options are many. The overly complex design of this grenade is fascinating, so if you have more than one, I would suggest securing it to a board just as you have it pictured so it's mechanics can be explained to anyone interested. I have 3 and display one as yours is shown, one is complete as when issued, and the third is assembled but with a 2" hole cut in the center of one shell so the detonator points are visible and one can see each detonator slide into it as it is tilted.
Just my 2 cents worth! Take care, Pat

Great idea Pat, I do have a second that's a good candidate for the cutaway as it's got a hole in one side already! I'll start looking for my third one immediately. Thanks for help Pat, you've given me quest!!

No star so had to whittle one out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 29
Thanks to Paul for the label download! I posted the cutaway in appropriate section

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 26