What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1976 5th World Championship, Versailles, France

sksvlad

I got a collection of various (predominantly police) shooting match patches, this one was inside. This looks like a world muzzle-loading competition. May someone tell me more? I had no idea there were international black powder matches.
IMG_0299.jpg

I'm not sure about muzzle loading, but black powder cartridge shooting to 1,000 yards was an International sport in the past. The last match was held in South Africa. It hasn't been done since that match a number of years ago. A gentleman that I met at a gunshow here was on the U.S. Team, and took first place in the match. And the U.S. Team won the team match.

The reason I say "muzzle loading" is because of that golden horn on the patch. It is just a guess. But as the other patch from the same collection shows, it does exist. Just found it after starting this post.
IMG_0303.jpg

Last edited: