What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19th century ordnance school photo

mach1bang

Thought I'd share this lovely photo.
I have no idea where this was taken,if anyone knows,or has info on any items in photo,that would be great.
Nice large fuze diagrams etc on far wall.
One for those that like the old stuff.
Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 107
Since the truncated label bottom left "on, SE" might be London SE, and the address of Woolwich Arsenal was SE (the address of the soon-to-close Firepower Museum is Royal Arsenal, London SE18 6ST), the most likely location of the photo is perhaps a workshop or teaching/training shop within the Arsenal.

Tom.

Last edited:
Some great posters on the back wall, I don't think I've seen many of that type before.

Since the truncated label bottom left "on, SE" might be London SE, and the address of Woolwich Arsenal was SE (the address of the soon-to-close Firepower Museum is Royal Arsenal, London SE18 6ST), the most likely location of the photo is perhaps a workshop or teaching/training shop within the Arsenal.Tom.

I agree entirely. Looking at the photo it is most likely to be a training room.

Great photo and thanks for showing.

John