What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5cm german round.

waffenamt

Lovely case,projjy a bit rough but i dont care!!
Very happy with this acquisition from Stoneleigh brought in by my pal 'little-john' ;)
I believe this is a practice proj? German marked,nice crisp stampings on the case.
Its my first one of this type and will do for now.

best

waff

Attachments

• S7005910.jpg
    S7005910.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 91
  • S7005911.jpg
    S7005911.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 70
  • S7005912.jpg
    S7005912.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 82
  • S7005913.jpg
    S7005913.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 108
  • S7005914.jpg
    S7005914.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 86
Nice round Waff,
Is this a German copy of the french 25mm Hotchkiss ?
Well done on finding one i have never seen one before. Best regards Weasel.

Nice round Waff,
Is this a German copy of the french 25mm Hotchkiss ?
Well done on finding one i have never seen one before. Best regards Weasel.

Thanks my friend. :)

I believe it is? I can get hold of another case that needs straightening round the neck if anyone interested,but be warned as its pricey!!

best

waff

25mm

This is the German loaded round for the French 25mm anti-aircraft gun, not the more commonly encountered anti-tank gun. This one is rimless whilst the A/T round is rimmed.

Regards
TonyE

This is the German loaded round for the French 25mm anti-aircraft gun, not the more commonly encountered anti-tank gun. This one is rimless whilst the A/T round is rimmed.

Regards
TonyE

Thank you Tony for the info. :)

btw

Was that yourself and Bonnex i saw at Stoneleigh on saturday or was i saying hello to the wrong lads?

best

waff

Hi Waff,
The Germans having captured vast amounts of French stuff after they quit in 1940 produced their own ammo once the existing stocks ran out. The round is from a 2.5cm Mle1938 Hotchkiss AA gun, case length 163mm. Interestingly, the case code shows it to be manufactured in Poland, by Beuchelt & Co. Bruckenbauanstalt ???

Good catch young man !

Hi Waff,
The Germans having captured vast amounts of French stuff after they quit in 1940 produced their own ammo once the existing stocks ran out. The round is from a 2.5cm Mle1938 Hotchkiss AA gun, case length 163mm. Interestingly, the case code shows it to be manufactured in Poland, by Beuchelt & Co. Bruckenbauanstalt ???

Good catch young man !

Thank you very much kind Sir for the info and compliment. :top:

best

waff

I have one made in 1941 that has French Markings and waff stamps. I would think this was made under occupation. The proj on mine is a HE (empty), and is also a bit rough. The case neck is unfortunately cracked as well. I found mine in the famous Portobello Market in London, I paid 10 for it.

I have one made in 1941 that has French Markings and waff stamps. I would think this was made under occupation. The proj on mine is a HE (empty), and is also a bit rough. The case neck is unfortunately cracked as well. I found mine in the famous Portobello Market in London, I paid 10 for it.

Nie one Falcon!

Have you a picture please?

cheers

waff

Unfortunately I never took a photo of the case stamps. I'll try and do one in the daylight as soon as I can.

German 25mm

I have a similar case, bit coppery and poor fuzeless proj. made in two parts, headstamp is RIS over B at 12'oclock 4 41 at 9 and 3 oclock B at 6oclock with the beagle stamp at 2 oclock. if its any interest. 2pr

I have a similar case, bit coppery and poor fuzeless proj. made in two parts, headstamp is RIS over B at 12'oclock 4 41 at 9 and 3 oclock B at 6oclock with the beagle stamp at 2 oclock. if its any interest. 2pr

Picture Sir? ;)

W

25mm german

Waff. no wonder you want a picture, just read what I posted there is no beagle stamp but it does hve an eagley thing. must take more care to check typing after a long day. Will try and do a photo or two. 2pr

RIS is a rare hstp . (french code) fabrication for the Wehrmacht

Hi Waff,

Good catch young man !

Hi

i think that Hstp LUM.R is for a french factory : Luchaire .

Fabrication for the Wehrmacht