What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.75 Rockets

Pea Shooter

I have two 2.75 rockets from around the Vietnam era. The first one is the one we used for practice in the Navy. It has the Double Ogive tip. We shot a lot of these at Castle Rock off the northern tip of San Clemente island in the sixties. I went scuba diving there in the 90's, and the bottom was littered with hundreds of these rounds. They all looked great shape. Of course they were considered live so we couldn't retrieve any of them.
The second rocket is a 2.75 rocket, that is about 4ft. long. I was told that the were used on the helicopters in Vietnam. Can anyone give me so info on this rocket? Thank you, VaughnIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033 Army 2.jpg

Photo 1 is the practice warhead to simulate the 10 Lb. HE warhead, same shape as a PD fuzed HE warhead. Second photo is the 6.5 Lb. warhead, most likely plaster filled with dummy fuze plug. These were the first warheads used on the 2.75" FFAR. The 10 Lb. warheads became the standard used, then they came out with the 17 Lb. which is really long, and uses all of the body of a 10 Lb. warhead, plus a straight section about the same length.

Thanks for the info guys! Lou- A friend, who is a genius with a torch, cut the end of an air tank, then cut out the flame pattern while
I was talking to him. Thanks, Vaughn