What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 badges for identification

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
Can anyone help - one is a European officers hat badge but which country and era. The second is a white metal dragon on a gold bullion 'coil' which I took from a forage cap in the mid 60s. Is it a Welsh Fusiliers badge? Come on, there must be someone out there who knows!! cheers, Dave

Attachments

• badges.jpg
    badges.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 28
Can anyone help - one is a European officers hat badge but which country and era. The second is a white metal dragon on a gold bullion 'coil' which I took from a forage cap in the mid 60s. Is it a Welsh Fusiliers badge? Come on, there must be someone out there who knows!! cheers, Dave

I'm not sure but could the Grenade & Dragon be the Royal Monmouthshire, Royal Engineers, wore above Chevrons on Mess Dress?

Eodone

thanks EODone - that would explain the flaming grenade which did seem a bit odd for the fusiliers. This came from a forage cap - the bottom half black and the top half red I think - I took it off myself but that was over 45 years ago so at that age I never thought to ask the owner what regiment he had been in. I will try following that up on the internet. many thanks indeed, Dave