What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 cm German Cannon Round.

waffenamt

A bit of a lack of my favourite german bomb fuzes of late makes me go into my 'secondary collection' of other german ordnance.
Picked this up recently and was quite pleased with the original paint and stencilling.
Nice case marks too.

best

waff

Attachments

• S7007552.jpg
    S7007552.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72
  • S7007553.jpg
    S7007553.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 79
  • S7007554.jpg
    S7007554.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 63
  • S7007555.jpg
    S7007555.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 74
  • S7007556.jpg
    S7007556.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 58
Great example, one of the best that i have seen with original paint etc. Thanks for showing.

Darren

Quite interesting Waff. A few years ago several in similar condition appeared from Russia. I have one of those in my collection as well. Original ones for sure, but they had nicely machined in tip of fuze extra slots for wrench to remove the fuze ( instead of using the easily damaged round hole on lower part ). I can't see which number your fuze is but it appears to have both the slot in tip and hole in lower part. There should not appear both of them unless the upper part is a separate piece from lower.
Let us know the fuze type and we can check it.

Hi Gents,
Righto,first up is that it is an aluminium fuze.

Made by my favourite german bomb fuze manufacturer Rhs(Rheinmetall),so its a keeper!
markings are as follows :-

785 ,(waff stamp),AZ5045,Rhs 14358

Interesting point on the slots,i just checked and found a few like that.

cheers

waff

some dutch guy got killed this week when he thought he was smart by going at it with an angle grinder...seriously......

Ok, nice 2cm, mint and totally original mounting. Are there more where this one was taken?

Hi Mig,

This is from my personal collection,best if i root out some more and take daylight shots for best results.
I dont think they are as crisp ink stamps as this but worth a piccy or two. ;)

best

waff

some dutch guy got killed this week when he thought he was smart by going at it with an angle grinder...seriously......

ooof! Ive heard of that going on before but i make sure all my items strip as much as possible and are empty/inert before i buy them. :)

cheers

waff

Seriously, it does not make much difference if you stand a few meters away from a 20 mm HE-shell that blows up or a hand grenade. They both are fatal - absolutely no toys to play with ( though they may look tiny and harmless )

he had already cut it in half, and was trying to burn out the explosive with a blowtorch, the part which contained the gain and fuze ......