What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new German WW1 fuzes

Here are two German WW1 fuzes that came in the post today that were part of a trade deal. They are fresh out of the ground from Verdun. I'm debating on whether or not to even clean them as that is original dirt. The first, I think is a GRZ04 or GRZ04/14 and the second is a 1915 dated HZ 14. Dano

Attachments

• Picture 259.jpg
    Picture 259.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Realy nice Dano

yes i would clean them a litte bit only that the letters are getting visible and the scale ring !!

Regards David

Nice fuzes dano,personaly i would leave them as they are ,even tho i like cutting and restoring its nice to have some stuff in as found/original condition

light cleaning

I decided to follov Dave's advice and just gave them a light cleaning around the logo area. Cleaning of left fuze revealed Gr Z 04 and a '14 date, and the other fuze the HZ 14 and '15 date came out plain as day. I'm still deciding on whether or not to clean them further, but my wheel went down so I have a little time to think about it. Dano

Attachments

• Picture 260.jpg
    Picture 260.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25