What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new projects

Hi all, The postman brought me these two relic WW1 grenades today. I got them in a trade with a WW1 museum in the Netherlands and traded 2 french WW1 beehive artillery fuzes to get them. These are project pieces so I have not quite decided just how far I will go into reatoration. There is a French WW1 Citron Foug body and a French WW1 defensive F! body. Really glad to get these and need to at least make some facsimile fuzes for them. Well it's off to the "workbench"..Dano
P.S. Mail time from Netherlands 1 1/2 weeks

Attachments

• Picture 428.jpg
    Picture 428.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Yes Gordon, very helpful and a beautiful image. The F1 I got in the trade has a threaded plug in the bottom and my other one does not. Does anyony know why? Dano

check your packages

Always double check your packages when they arrive. Case in point is these 2 French WW1 grenade bodies that came in yesterdays post. That is exactly what I was expecting was 1 WW1 Citron Foug body, and 1 WW1 F1 body. I removed them from the package and took them to my work area and promptly threw the package away. Well I posted on my web site to the gentleman I had completed the trade with, letting him know I was thouroughly pleased with the deal. His reply was how did I like the fuze he included with the F1? What fuze? Sure enough I had to dig the pkg out of the trash and the fuze was wrapped within the package. The trash man cometh on Wednesday. Needless to say when I found the fuze I went from happy to elated. Dano

Yes Gordon, very helpful and a beautiful image. The F1 I got in the trade has a threaded plug in the bottom and my other one does not. Does anyony know why? Dano

As far as i know dano, the early French F1's did have a Fill plug.
Mine has a brass plug, but can't tell if it's the real plug or not.

Attachments

• 100_1873.jpg
    100_1873.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 9