What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 pounder blank cases

leeski

picked these up the other day can any one help me id them please DSC00128.jpgDSC00129.jpgDSC00130.jpg

many thanks lee :wink:

Hi lee,I think they fired from the top,some have a card top extension,not sure if yours did though,think the Americans used these too???Cheers tig.

32.5x70R  AS  hs.jpgHere's the base of a case that never had a primer hole at all. There was a paper extension like a shotgun case (as mentioned by Tigbrand), but i have never seen one illustrated. These have come up in previous threads. Your cases were conversions whereas presumably mine was made for the job originally.

Last edited:
Charley, till now I have only seen cases without primer hole US made, while all UK made cases I have seen are made of 2-pounder cases. Could be country dependent.

OK, thanks Hoeksel, that would make sense because i doubt the Americans would have a ready supply of used 2Pr cases whereas the British would have had plenty LOL