What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Pr AT Gun subcal Tube .22

Gspragge

Premium Member
No markings visible, was badly stored, but should
restore some what. Beside a 2Pr drill round
for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_989.JPG
    IMG_989.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 77
That is cool. I have been looking for the .22 subcal for the US 37mm since 1991 and have never seen one. Has anyone ever found the US 37mm version? I ended up making one to shoot with my 37mm guns.

More images

Had the base been brass the situation would have been much
different regarding condition. There seems to be no sign of markings (or they are completely lost);
I see little bits of what might have been markings - but I could be fooling myself !
So were these issued normally or were the drawings available so they could be made
as required where they were required and perhaps not marked in the normal fashion.

The chamber is very short so it used the 22 short round. The bore shows a spiral
effect but using it now would be like throwing a wiener down a hallway ~

Attachments

• IMG_992.jpg
    IMG_992.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_993.jpg
    IMG_993.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thanks for the lead on the 37mm blank adapter Dave. I have two. They can be found, but not the .22 cal.

Steve

One used to see them but as they are part 5 firearms they are either 'on ticket' 'off ticket' so not mentioned in public or dumped to avoid trouble. Parker Hale used to make them also in 6pr ATK. and no I've not got one.