What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 X 102 graphite coated Vulcan case

SG500

Premium Member
Just a few pictures of an odd case.
I'm assuming its graphite coated (quite slippery and scratches off) Vulcan case - the case is made out of some sort of light alloy.

The projectile is probably wrong, I just put a nice projectile in the case to make it look better.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

All INERT etc.

Dave.

Attachments

• 20 X 102 graphite coated 2.JPG
    20 X 102 graphite coated 2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20 X 102 graphite coated 1.JPG
    20 X 102 graphite coated 1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20 X 102 graphite coated 3.JPG
    20 X 102 graphite coated 3.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 24
Graphite or Teflon?

Hi SG500 are you sure it is (quote) "Graphite coated" or do you actually mean "Teflon" coated as I have not heard of a Graphite coated case?????

Teflon or P.T.F.E. as we also know it has been played around with for those difficult case extraction scenario's (Oerlikon I believe tried it out for the 35mm but abandoned it due to its toxicity when heated).
Nice round as always.

Chris I've got a green teflon coated Vulcan and it feels completely different to this one but you may be correct - I'll dig it out and take a photo sometime. The surface comes off too easily to be teflon.

I'm sure I've heard of graphite coated rounds, graphite after all is a good lubricant but you may be correct, anyone else up on this sort of thing?

Dave.

Graphite it is !

Dave if the coating comes off your "Graphite" round then I bow to your knowledge on that one as any kind of P.T.F.E. coating would not be easily removed.