What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Hispano-based case.

charley777

Can anyone help with info about any Hispano-based ammunition and cannon? I have recently obtained a 20x62 bottlenecked case with a "normal" 20x110 H/S.....wartime date. Any clues or links?

G'day Charley ,

Hows life in the winterless north?

Sounds like it might be a salt/pepper shaker 'trench art',1st on the left,this one the fuse unscrews for filling.
H/s K 41.

Cheers Bob.

Attachments

• 121 (2).jpg
    121 (2).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 50
Photos of 20x62 case

Greetings Kahu1 ....well i suppose you might be right. I have made a few photos. On second thoughts i'm not so sure how standard the HS is. Someone with exprtise in this area may be able to help. The projectile did not come with the case. The HS is MF 44 M ^(phaeon) . Otherwise it remains a mystery. LoL hoping it's not a salt job.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2090.JPG
    IMG_2090.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 27
Hi Charley ,

I think my answer is right.I saw a couple of these on ebay australia a while ago,described as a 1pr HE!!- actually how i I.D.'d my one.
The H/S is MF (Melbourne Footscray,oz).
The one i've got is salt ,so still after a pepper!
Makes quite a nice case ,sure you can make a developement story around it! ;)

cheers , Bob

So it goes...

OK thanks for that Kahu1. Glad to know where it was made. Funnily enough i got the case from the US. It can sit with the collection anyway, as a curiosity. As for "winterless" that's just propaganda. But happy to not be south of Aucks where they have real winters , hehe