What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Hispano Headstamp ID

ozziammo

G-Day All,

Could someone please inform me of the country of origin of these 2 20mm X 110mm Hispano fired carts?

Thanks.

Regards Ozzi.

Attachments

• 20HispHS.jpg
    20HispHS.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 91
They are both Swedish, the left one was reloaded (the Xb mark).
The left was mad ein 1951 and the right one in 1946.

EOD, can you tell which factories the codes indicate?
This is not my speciality or know-how, but have a couple of Swedish cases from 1930's until 1990's. Basically they all have 8-digit code for factory, year and lot. I have though one exception which in addition to 8-digit numeral code has NP4808. This I understand as Norma Patronfabrik from 1948.

The Swedes changed their code systems over the years (we speak about Swedish military not export abroad). Means in the beginning they were using symbols or acronyms (and with exceptions kept on). Then switched to 1-2 letters + 4-5 digits. In 1955/56 they switched to the numerical codes we know today. Initially they started with a 7-digit code and then altered it to 8-digits as we know it today where the first 3 digits do indicate the manufacturer +2 for the year + 3 for the lot.

GE is GENSE AB, ESKILSTUNA

SK is SVENSKA METALLVERKEN AB, SKULTUNA BRUK

XB is SAMMANSTTNINGSVERKSTAD GLL (a loading facility which did reloading), all codes starting with "X" are reloading plants.