What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Hispano SAPI colour

cornman

Hi,
can anyone tell me if the red/white colours on my SAPI projectile are WW2 era, or are they (also) post WW2 used?

Regards, Cornman

Attachments

• DSC04408.jpg
    DSC04408.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 51
Hi Corman and I think your colours are correct, I had a 1955 -ish dated BPD SAPI projectile and it was as below/sideways/over/under or wherever it appears!20HISP SAPI.jpg

Hi Chris,
the colour of my SAPI is indeed original and correct. My projectile does not have any stamps regarding manufacturer or date. I do have SAPI-R that is post war dated and is painted black with blue tip and yellow band.
So would the SAPI projectile with the red/white colour be WW2 era , or could it also be post war used?

Cornman

088.jpg
All original colours,SAPI(R),SAPI,HEI,BALL,TP(French electric primed). dated 1953-56.

cheers
Bob

Thanks for the replies. Because it doesn`t has date and/ or manufacturer stamps, for now I take it as a post war projectile and put it in the post war Hispano row!

Cornman