What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20x103mm Displays

EODGUY

A couple of 20x103mm displays that I thought someone might enjoy. The large one dates from the 70's with the M numbered rounds. The small one has the later PGU series. The left one is the PGU-27/B TP; the center the PGU-28/B SAPHEI; and the right is the PGU-30/B TP-T.

Attachments

• 20mm Display.jpg
    20mm Display.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 20mm PGU display.jpg
    20mm PGU display.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 92
NICE..............very nice...........thanks for showing them.
Dave.

I agree with everyone else. Very nice rounds Bob, thanks for sharing.

I'd love a mint PGU-28/B but I've never seen one for sale over here.

Same goes for the light-alloy cased 30x113B M789 HEDP.

Tony,

If I had an extra M789 I'd send it to you, but only have the one. They are scarce even here in the US. Mine is on the far right of the first photo. The first three aluminum cases are Amron manufacture, then an Amron steel case and a fired case I am not sure of. The left cartridge is a durable dummy with a large screw in the case base, then an XM788 TP loading. The second photo is the cutaway M789 compared to an HEDP loading in the shorter case 30mm WECOM round. I threw in the last photo of two more cutaway WECOM HEDP projectiles because of the lower projectile. It has a fluted cone liner to counteract the spinning of the projectile and the break-up of the shaped charge jet and slug that the rotation causes. Very few medium caliber rounds have used a fluted cone.

Bob

Attachments

• 30mm 700 series.jpg
    30mm 700 series.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 30mm 700 series cut.jpg
    30mm 700 series cut.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 30mm WECOM.jpg
    30mm WECOM.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 29
Hello EODGUY,

THANKS for sharing the photographs of your SUPER 20mm displays. The fluted cone cutaway is a new one on me. Very Interesting!

Best regards,

Randall

Bob,

Your unidentified fired steel case might be one of the ones made in Israel. There were a few of them around years ago. They were a very dark green/black color.