What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20x139 unknown projectile possibly AP-T?? and a TP-T and TP

Hello all , I have recently acquired these from a good friend who picked them up on his travels to Germany , I know one is TP-T ( ink marked T 20K UB DM48 A1 LOS DN - 8 - 14 - X ) and marked on the fuze ( EX AZ DM150 LOS DN - 4 - 59 ) and on the body ( 20K DM48A1 LOS DN - 7 - 59 DM1027 )
its the black AP-T looking projectile that has got me and a few friends stumped , it's defiantly a genuine projectile , it's marked on the body as follows DM 1023 LOS HS 24 - 20K DM13 LOSHS - 45
i hope with the markings and photos someone will know what I have here
i currevtly have no idea as to what the unpainted projectile is , it carries no markings , the dummy fuze unscrews and I'd hollow like you'd expect on a HE it is hollow on the base so possibly a tracer too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 55
Hello 8.8zunder44

The black projectile is the first German type Armor Piercing from 1955-1965.

The unpainted is a ballistic test round, i have the same version, the shell is filled with sand. And the body from the projectile is filled with a inert load.AP-T Germany 001.jpgAP-T Germany 003.jpgAP-T Germany 004.jpgAP-T Germany 005.jpgBest regards Ramon

Oh awesome , thank you for that HOUTZAGER , very helpful , I do have the case too , it was also filled with sand but I emptied it out not knowing it was meant to be there , I put it into a re sealable bag luckily , do you know what they are worth roughly ? I was given them
by a good friend
-Tim

Hello Tim.

The A.P-T IS ABOUT 80,- / 150,- euro, it depence on how the quality is
Its a rare one. The unpainted is ABOUT 30,- / 60,- euro.

Regards Ramon