What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 century grenade!

Good to see it went somewhere.
The designation when the RFP was published in 2009 was "Handgranatsystem 07" and then (in parellel? - maybe the designation as per Swedish military terms) "Sprnghandgranat 07" (SHGR 07).

The 'self righting' idea, as applied to a hand thrown grenade, was patented by two British Engineers (Green and Leeming) and Royal Ordnance. Models known as 'Concept Grenades' were around at the time of the enhanced performance grenade trials which resulted in the adoption of the HG85 in British service. Herewith a couple of photos of photos of the G & L model.

Green & Leeming 2.JPG

Green & Leeming 1.JPG

Seems the idea was taken over from land mine development where such systems are not uncommon.

Not to brag or anything else, but they said it just like I used to say it about fragmentation of a oval or round shapes of grenade.

ANy ideas about this 76mm discharge grenades WP smoke? It looks close to one BONNEX posted. I have yet to find a country or orgin yet76MM Smoke Discharger WP Country Unknown.jpg

ALL i HAVE IS THE PIC AND THE DESCRIPTION I GAVE, ONLY THING I HAVE EXTRA ABOUT IT, IS IT MAY HAVE COME FROM THE FORMER YUGO AREA

Mike, the markings again look typical of Chinese export. The design of the grenade itself looks like the screening smoke grenades for armored vehicles - L8s, etc. Normally RP fill for us.