What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24-31 Mle. 1899 fuze with factory monogram

Alpini

Premium Member
Hello,

I discovered this factory monogram on a french 24-31 Mle.1899. French made fuzes normally have ink stamps only.

Could this be a US or Canadian made fuze? Anyone knows the manufacturer?

Attachments

• 24-31 Mle.1899-15A.jpg
    24-31 Mle.1899-15A.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 43
  • 24-31 Mle.1899-15B.jpg
    24-31 Mle.1899-15B.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Polish made examples are normally well stamped with type, I have a polish Mle.1899-1915.

TM could be Mika Tivadar Fémárugyár Rt., Budapest. Not sure if this way of writing matches, and if these were even made there. From my collectes abbreviations list.

According to the telephone directory from 1928, the company Mika Tivadar is listed in Budapest.
>>
MIKA TIVADAR Budapest, VII., Kazinczy-utcza 47.Makes water, steam and air "installation"prescriptions, sprayers | and winemakingarticles, wine and beer pumpscat. — Telephone: J 428-27. s.
>>

Attachments

• BPLAKCIMJEGYZEK_29_1928__pages785-785.pdf
    319.7 KB · Views: 18
The hungarian stamp looks very similar but not exactly the same and I have never seen it in an oval. Also I never heard about hungarian made 24-31 fuzes. Maybe it's a non solveable question at moment.

It's not Romanian and I don't recognize the marking, but I'm a bit concerned that in your comment you gave not one, but two links to the report function for my profile...