What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

250mm German WW1 casing came today

I am not going to mention who sent this to me because I am not sure if he wants it known, but this mamoth 250mm casing came in todays post and needless to say I am quite excited. To give an inkling to the size of this bohemeth monster I have photographed it with an m1913 German defensive discus grenade. Headstamp reads 170 POLTE NOV 1917 MAGDEBERG. I have never personally had anything this large in my life. Thanks buddy...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 530.jpg
    Picture 530.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 56
Nice one Dano. Now you just need a German WW1 30.5 cm battleship gun case. Fjordhouse had one for sale at a show in the UK last year. It was well over a metre tall.

Nice cartridge case Dano. Is the 250mm the length or the diameter because
judging by the picture it very much looks like a 21cm Morser (215x235R)?

Oops

Right you are Jan, the case is actually 215mm in diameter. Guess I got excited and guessed as I had no idea what was coming, just knew it was real big!! So Jan, tell me more about this Morser shell? Dano

Last edited:
German 21cm Mrser (Howitzer):

Attachments

• 21cm_morser.jpg
    21cm_morser.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 21cmHow_14.jpg
    21cmHow_14.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 48
i would love

i would love to hear this kind of gun firing one shot !
i gues this will be a sound for the realy big boys !!

wbr David

Geez Dave I feel like a real idiot. Like any kid at Christmas I opened the package without reading the card! Lo and behold all the pertinent information was in the cover letter (size, usage etc.....) Seems like earplugs would be the ticket being anywhere near this big boy when it goes off! I guess one never gets too old to jump to conclusions...Dano

Last edited:
Big stuff is impressive.

Dano, Great piece. I too am impressed with big ordnance especially shellcases. I've got a few Japanese navy 120mm, Army 150mm and a giant 240mm shellcase in my collection. Great case!

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com