What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25x205R Bofors

Tony Williams

A while back a couple of forum members posted scans here from a Swedish handbook showing (in colour) the various projectiles used in the 20x145R Bofors ammo. Does anyone have similar pages on the projectiles used in the 25x205R Bofors - or the later, shorter-cased version?

Tony,

Sorry. I have 5 different editions of the Swedish manual and they all go from 20mm to 37mm with no stops in between for 25mm. Hopefully someone has an edition with the information because I would like to see it also.

Bob

Did the 25x205R (m/32) and the 25x187R (m/38) ever saw swedish service?
If not they can't be in the swedish ammo catalogues.
They are not included in the 1944 issue.

I have an undated Bofors catalogue from some time in the 1930s which has various 25mm mountings illustrated - but no ammo.

Incidentally, I'd also like more info on the 57x230R m/47 aircraft gun round. I have one of the cases and also a factory drawing of an HE shell (plus a smaller one of an AP projectile) and a kind gentleman is making me a replica shell from the drawing, which I hope to have reasonably soon. I'll keep you posted.

What I know is included in my article here: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/Bofors.htm

Here pictures of my Bofors 25x205R round. Some years ago I picked up 2 of these at flea market. They both were inert with primer pocket plugged for some reason and case head centres machined down so that eventual markings had disappeared.
HOWEVER, they both had AP shells with very large cavity in base, and still filled with very agressively burning tracer- or incendiary compound. The cavity size corresponds more or less APHE purpose but there was no base plug or fuze - nor threads for one, just the compound pressed in.

Attachments

• 25 bofors-1.jpg
    25 bofors-1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 25 bofors-2.jpg
    25 bofors-2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 52
25mm projectiles

some drawings on different swedish 25mm projectiles

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg