What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2cm Becker HE diagram

Falcon

Does anyone have a cutaway diagram of a 2cm Becker HE projectile?

I would also like a diagram of the fuze if anyone has one. I have a 2cm Becker round that is missing a fuze, and would like to make a replica for it.

See attached.
Dave.

Attachments

• Becker HE 001.jpg
    Becker HE 001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Becker HE 002.jpg
    Becker HE 002.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 67
Falcon,

Here are the fuzes

Chris

Attachments

• Type A.jpg
    Type A.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Type B.jpg
    Type B.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Type C.jpg
    Type C.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Type D.jpg
    Type D.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 64
Here is a replica brass "Type D" fuxe I made for my Becker round today.

Should the pins in the side that fly out when fired to arm the fuze be steel or brass?

I could easily change to brass if they are brass as it is a one piece pin that can be knocked back out. None of the internals are there and apart from the pin the fuze is solid.

Luckily there is a set of M14 x 1 Taps and a die at work so threading it was easy.

I had to drill out the broken off threads of a zinc fuze first. It appeared that someone had tightened the old fuze too tight using tools and sheared it off. There was glue around the top where the top of it had been glued back on, but no actual nose cone. Note that I could see through the hole where the firing pin would go that there was no gaine in place and the projectile was empty. If I couldn't have seen inside it, I would NOT have drilled it!!

Attachments

• becker_fuze_1.jpg
    becker_fuze_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 39
  • becker_fuze_2.jpg
    becker_fuze_2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 46
  • becker_fuze_3.jpg
    becker_fuze_3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 46
  • becker_fuze_4.jpg
    becker_fuze_4.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 44
Another fine job!

Another fine Falcon job there Falcon, thanks for showing us how it should be done.

Last edited by a moderator: