What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3” 60lb Rocket Information Required

Jamie

Hi all,

My name is Jamie and I’m new to this site.

I have been doing some research into 3” 60lb rockets as used on Typhoon during the Second World War and this website came up so hence why I am here.

The reason for the interest in 3” rockets… I am reproducing 4 rockets including rails for a project I am currently working on.

I have a 1943 International Harvester halftrack which would have been used by the British and Canadian forces during the Second World War. The Canadian army trialed the concept of using 3” rockets bolted to the side of a halftrack as well as Sherman tanks and Staghound armoured cars. I have been lucky enough to have a copy of the original report on using the rockets on a halftrack.

I have been to RAF Hendon and measured the original rocket they have and the rails on their typhoon.

I would like to find more information on the rockets like how they worked, the plug that connects the rocket to the rail, anything really.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Jamie