What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7 cm ID help please!

gwing83

These are shots of 2 of the 3.7 cases I have. Anyone who can help ID these for me will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

The dark case has this printed on it:
K/36
rt 135/44
V6500
1M/SEK/10 C
VAL3/44

Attachments

• 3.7 unknown 2.jpg
    3.7 unknown 2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.7 unknown 1 & 2hs.jpg
    3.7 unknown 1 & 2hs.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 3.7 unknown 3.jpg
    3.7 unknown 3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.7 unknown 3 hs.jpg
    3.7 unknown 3 hs.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.7 unknown.jpg
    3.7 unknown.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 111
Hi Mike,
Im almost certain that the last case with the ink-stamped 'P' is of Polish/Czech origin?
I had a similar one in my collection when i first started collecting and was told it was a PaK gun case rather than FLaK?

best
waff

As Waff has already said the case stamped 37wz36 is the case for the Polish wz. 36. It was a Bofors designed anti-tank gun that Poland acquired the production license for.

The first case I am not sure but it could be a Finnish case for the same Bofors gun. The Finns called the gun a 37 PstK/36.
What is the length of the case please?

The projectile would be the same for the both cases.

PC

The first I have in my collection and I identified it as a Swedish M1934 Bofors AT, also used for the M1938 Swedish AFV.

The dark case is Finnish, maker (MB) is Kellokoski. Quite rarely seen 37mm cases from this maker, usually 75mm of different types.

You are from Finland, so I assume you know better :tinysmile_hmm_t:.

Do you happen to have a list of some sort of manufacturers from Finland from the WW2 period? I do have some other Finnish or possibly Finnish material.

I'll try to set up a list of Finnish WW2 ordnance component manufacturers later on, but there are not that many. The problem is that I no longer have a collection of items over 20mm caliber and getting necessary photos of markings is a bit more work.

Hi,

The projectile would be the same for the both cases.

I'm not sure...
I never saw Finnish projectiles for this ammunition, but Polish look like this;
With base fuze, and with tracer only.

Regards.

Attachments

• _MG_7051.jpg
    _MG_7051.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 58
  • _MG_7052.jpg
    _MG_7052.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 48
  • _MG_7053.jpg
    _MG_7053.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 54
I think MT-LB could send pictures of Finnish 3,7cm projectiles as he bought this part of my collection.

Hi,

Hi
No problem for this shell; it's AP Shell without cap for Polish AT Gun "3.7cm PZGR

Nice doctor, but I dont show this two shell for ID.
I show only how look projectiles for Polish 37mm Bofors anti tank gun.
But I dont know, how look's Finnish.

Real nomenclature for this AP shell are; "Nabj Pancerny wz.1939" with base fuze "Zapalnik denny uderzeniowy 27/33
wz.36 "
Polish gun nomenclature; Armata przeciwpancerna 37mm wz.1936 "Bofors"

BTW;
There was only AP projectiles without cup for our 37mm "Bofors" Gun.

Last pic;
Before we started our own production of this ammunition, we buy first some in Sweden
. On pic early, Swedish made case - with Polish markings.

Here some info;
http://amunicja.nazwa.pl/rp/index.php?k=37bofors

Regards.

Attachments

• 37bofors_smuga_pocisk.jpg
    37bofors_smuga_pocisk.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 34
  • PB274954.jpg
    PB274954.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 36
  • bofors36.jpg
    bofors36.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 37bofors_dno.jpg
    37bofors_dno.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 37bofors.jpg
    37bofors.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Here are the stamps of my 2 Bofors 37 mm AT shell cases. One is already identified as Finland, how about the one with the stamp ADK?

Thanks in advance for sharing some Finland manufacturers! I have little info on them....

Attachments

• Finland 37 mm Bofors.jpg
    Finland 37 mm Bofors.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
Here 2 different Finnish WW2 3,7cm Bofors ATG rounds. Upper is HE with nose fuze and lower AP with tracer and ballistic caps.

Attachments

• Finnish 37mm.jpg
    Finnish 37mm.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 50
Do I see a K below crown on left side of the right case head? To me it could be Swedish.

That marking definitely is Swedish. I don't have the documents in hands to tell what abbreviation it is but typical marking on various Swedish cases.

That marking definitely is Swedish. I don't have the documents in hands to tell what abbreviation it is but typical marking on various Swedish cases.

I also thought Swedish, thanks for verification. Nice to know I have the Swedish and Finnish version of the Bofors!

Are you in for another set of questions? :tinysmile_hmm_t:

First the logo on a 76.2 mm L/43 L/50 Bofors case - unknown to me.

Secondly, do you recognize the bottom stamp of this 45x310 case as Finnish what it is supposed to be? It also has an post-war ink stamp (JVA 1249 45 haa-smk KTM-1 32 p 13KRUNG2NK6 540 .......AseV.....).

Attachments

• Strange logo.jpg
    Strange logo.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 45 mm AT.jpg
    45 mm AT.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 14
The first logo does not ring a bell to me.

The second one again is Finnish, "S" on right indicates maker Hackman Sorsakoski, thought they more commonly used "SH" - this reversed abreviation explains as "HS" was already reserved for another maker as well as "H".