What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3" APT (or perhaps APCBC-T) projectile, but from which country?

Sorry about the delay in getting photos, but I had to wrangle up a couple of fired projos from the extras pile and pull a couple of unfired ones from cases.

The fired ones look just like yours with the same length and tracer. These unfired projos were made during the Korean war in 1952, and as you can see they were stamped on the rotating band, making them unreadable after firing.

These particular unfired ones are stamped TP-T T212, but would be the same measurements as the AP-T shown earlier. Projectiles labeled with a T number were test or experimental at that time. Later on the T designation went away for U.S. ammo, and the U.S. used XM in front of projo numbers to signify experimental. Hope this helps.

John

Attachments

• 76mm all.jpg
    76mm all.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 76mm side fired.jpg
    76mm side fired.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 76mm T212 Side.jpg
    76mm T212 Side.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 76mm tracer.jpg
    76mm tracer.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 76mm CU rband.jpg
    76mm CU rband.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hi,

Wow, thanks a lot!
Nice pics and nice projos!
Meanwhile, I've had a lucky break too as the seller offered me to simply not have to go through with the acquisition, as they had (not knowingly so) incorrectly listed it as Japanese.
As the price was not particularly low ($50), and as it would require significant shipping costs from the USA to Europe, I decided to indeed choose that option. I'm very pleased with that offer of them, especially as I hadn't even asked for it; they just offered this themselves. :)

Sooo, case solved, and I'm a happy camper. :)

Cheers!
Olafo

Nice projectiles John.

Kiwiodj the 17 pounder had a double driving band.

Dave.