What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 tons of ammo found in flat of 26yr old guy

Some JUICY items on their way to the scrap tip now......:tinysmile_angry_t:.

I think i saw a few P.Rg.41 in there.....

Attachments

• P.Rg.41.jpg
    P.Rg.41.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 66
Amazing!
Having translated the page anyone else understand why it was all seized?
Are these types of items more restricted in Germany than here, or is it implying they are live?

Andrew

The thing I dont understand is,that the stuff is supposed to so dangerous,so dangerous in fact that neighborhoods have to be evacuated,the stuff confiscated,but clearly in the vid as they load the basket,clink,clunk,bang,bonk. Police and fire carrying multipe items at once,stuff piled in boxes, other people milling about. Whats really going on here?

The great majority of the stuff I saw was exspended relicts or iron scrap. For this they call out the Marines? Just politics or blend of dishonesty and stupidity?

Most of the items are empty you can see that easily ! alot of fuzes are unscrewed, dont you think they would inspect them first ?
its not illegal to have an inert shell ! these should have been atleast donated to a museum, now it just makes ww2 items rarer !!!
i take it the 26yo was doing some thing illegal ? some one translate plz

Hey Guys,

Let me start with best wishes for all!

I've read about this on WK2Ammo as well. As far as I understand the story it is this:

A 26 year old guy has been "prospecting" a former testing/trainingground of the wehrmacht and has collected tons of derelict/relic ammo, mostly: blinds, training, exercise and test ammo. A friend visiting him reported him to the German authorities, which responded on an overly large scale, evacuating the surroundings and blowing up a lot of the confiscated material (although predominantly not dangerous) on a site nearby.

The discussion on WK2 on this subject mainly states that there's no uniformity of response to such cases and the people assigned the task judging the materiel found are often biased and incompetent, often leading to needless destruction of, potentially significant, historic materiel.
It is pointed out however that searching for/taking relic ammo from army grounds (and in general ) is an illegal act in Germany.

regards,

Menno.

Hey Guys,

Let me start with best wishes for all!

I've read about this on WK2Ammo as well. As far as I understand the story it is this:

A 26 year old guy has been "prospecting" a former testing/trainingground of the wehrmacht and has collected tons of derelict/relic ammo, mostly: blinds, training, exercise and test ammo.
A friend visiting him reported him to the German authorities, which responded on an overly large scale, evacuating the surroundings and blowing up a lot of the confiscated material (although predominantly not dangerous) on a site nearby.

The discussion on WK2 on this subject mainly states that there's no uniformity of response to such cases and the people assigned the task judging the materiel found are often biased and incompetent, often leading to needless destruction of, potentially significant, historic materiel.
It is pointed out however that searching for/taking relic ammo from army grounds (and in general ) is an illegal act in Germany.

regards,

Menno.

With "friends" like this , not necessary to have enemies :angel:

Usually the media is not allowed to get near unstable or dangerous items (or anyone else not related or necessary). What they get to see is the stuff after when everything is said and done.

Dangerous or not, the stuff confiscated was subject of illegal accquisition + they held him liable before for the same kind of thing (2-3 times).

Oh, and he is registered here as well... (he got kicked in almost every German forum before)

ok so he was basicly stealing the stuff from Geramn army land ! must be old training ground for him to walk out with a SD50 !! How didnt anyone notice ! He must have been doing it for years to collect that much, the army must think there are big rabbits around there as he must have been leaving craters behind !! That type of thing is illegal here too, and so much for his friend !!! what a idiot. :tinysmile_shutup_t:

It is not necessarily military property but state owned land and it is anyways illegal to dig ammo.