What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30-06 Drill Rounds

FA stands for "Frankfurt Arsenal". there should be a second number.

Missing digit !

No second number as 1944 would only be shown as a"4" this was done as a wartime economy.
1945 would be shown as "45".

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Here are a couple since we are on the subject.

Left: FA 17
Right: D.C. Co. .30 SPG

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

I have some 30-06 drill rounds they are steel chrome plated with holes in can anyone id them for me.

Cheers DAZ

Hi Zwerge ,
Got a few more for you here. These are all recycled cases with a wooden imitation bullets that run all the way to the base of the round. The red paint has faded over the years, still visible through the holes in the cases. These all have different headstamps.

1. R A 4
2. F A 41
3. Peters 28

Best Weasel.

Attachments

• 30 06 drill rounds.jpg
    30 06 drill rounds.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 30 06 drill rounds 2.jpg
    30 06 drill rounds 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 16
I have some 30-06 drill rounds they are steel chrome plated with holes in can anyone id them for me.

Cheers DAZ

Remington Dummy that was made for the British RAF during WW2. (1941)

300 is the British designation for .30 M1 or .30-06 and the Z is for nitrocellulose powder.

Thanks alot missing these came from my grandad who was in the homeguard but he died before I found out where he got them from I bet they were drills from the P17 rifles they used.

Cheers DAZ

Thanks for the replies guys,this is how they were linked together when I got them,wrong links I believe.

Attachments

• linked ammo.JPG
    linked ammo.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 28
Links

7.62 NATO GPMG links !
Someone here will know what the correct links look like but like most old items I expect they will be hard to come by.

7.62 NATO GPMG links !
Someone here will know what the correct links look like but like most old items I expect they will be hard to come by.

Here are some.

Attachments

• Lincked 7.62x51.jpg
    Lincked 7.62x51.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19