What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 X 55 SR Honeywell

SG500

Premium Member
Attached are a couple of photos of a solid aluminium representation of the 30 X 55SR Honeywell grenade from the mid 1970's.

Case length 55.3mm
Head diameter 32mm

Would this be a drill round or merely a model made prior to launching into the production of the real ones?

Any further information of photos of rounds would be appreciated.

Dave.

Attachments

• 30 X 55SR Honeywell round.JPG
    30 X 55SR Honeywell round.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 30 X 55SR Honeywell head.JPG
    30 X 55SR Honeywell head.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 35
Here are some rounds and components.

John

Attachments

• 30mm grenade componentsRC.jpg
    30mm grenade componentsRC.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 68
  • 30mm Grenade rndsRC.jpg
    30mm Grenade rndsRC.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 57
WOW!!!!!!!!! Excellent, what can I say!. They're really hard to find over this side of the pond and you have all those, well done.

Have you any further information about them?

Dave.

Dave,

I don't have any more info on them at present. Tony might know more about them. I got them all from the same gentleman about 20 or more years ago, and he just passed away this Spring. I can ask a friend who specializes in Grenades.

John

Here are some rounds and components.

John

John I've just had another look at the rounds you showed.
The ones on the left look like the 55mm case length.
The one on the right looks like the 59mm case length (Apers) - the base of the case is different.
See attached photo of the one I have.
All INERT/oiled/hole in back etc.

Dave.

Attachments

• 12 July 09 001.jpg
    12 July 09 001.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 36
I will doublecheck, but they all looked the same length when I was making photos. The base is different though, I'll give you that.