What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.303 Inspeection dummy and an 8mm dummy

Slick

The initial pic and posting for the .303 were placed under the CARTRIDGES section. My bad. I'm sorry. Correct section posting below.

So, back to the .303 Inspection round, I read up on it and, bdgreen ID'd it exactly. "Australian made inspection round since " MG "= Small Arms Ammunition Factory No. 2 Footscray, Australia"

Here's a side shot of it:

DSCF0293 (2).jpg

And the orig. h/s shot:

DSCF0286 (2).JPG

I have a half dozen of the following, what I have labeled as 8mm, but who knows. There is no h/s or other marking. The silver metal base is pinned to the brass colored shell. Anybody have an idea what it really is? Didn't have a mike with me at pic taking time, so no specs.

DSCF0292 (2).jpg DSCF0295 (2).jpg

The gunshop workbench at this time.

DSCF0297 (2).jpg

Starting to go through the 40+ year accumulation. These are the oddball rounds, mostly. Homemade fantasy rounds and the like. There is no order to any of it, so I just pick out what's odd to the lot in a particular container(cigar/tool/tackle boxes). I'm sure I'll be running across a few more oddities as I dig and will be posting some for ID.

Slick, your 8mm dummy is a West German Exerzierpatron DM10 made by a company called Huck during the period 1957 to 1960.
Jim

Slick, your 8mm dummy is a West German Exerzierpatron DM10 made by a company called Huck during the period 1957 to 1960.
Jim

Hi Jim were the later DM20 7.62mm NATO (fluted and non fluted) version of this 7.92mm (8mm?!?) also made by Huck?

Atb
Tony

@Slick

Your 7,92x57 dummy not used by the german Army...but by the BGS (Bundes Grenzschutz = German Border Patrol)

@Smle2009

The 7,62x51 Dummys are also made by Huck. The fluted is used by the German Army >1957 and the non fluted by the BGS also >1957.

Last edited:
Huck also made similar dummies in .45ACP and .30 Carb., I believe.

Yes this is right. I have one .45 ACP from Huck.
In this way, huck also made .30-06 and .50 BMG dummys.......for this i am looking for.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden.jpg
    Zuschneiden.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 4