What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30MM Rarden TP-T paint

ken68

Hi does anyone have a picture of an unfired 30mm Rarden TP-T the same as this one with Original paint etc

Thanks Ken

Attachments

• 30MM RARDEN TP-T 006.jpg
    30MM RARDEN TP-T 006.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 68
Hi Ken,
Have a few with different markings. Will take some photos for you tomorrow.
C.

Sorry for the crappy pics. If they are not good enough, let me know.

30mm TP-T
L18A2
LOT 0002 BMO-95

3.JPG2.JPG1.JPG

Thats brilliant Charlie thanks mate it looks like the same blue thats on my 25x184mm KBB ?

Cheers fo the pics mate pointed me in the right direction got 4 unfired in need of paint

Ken

Rarden t-tp saxe blue

Ok here they are no stencils yet will Let the paint cure for a while , also got a feeling drive band should have had paint ??? be better taking the pictures in the day light , next time they appear I should have the stencils done :)

Cheers guys :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Attachments

• 30MM RARDEN T-TP SAXE BLUE 003.jpg
    30MM RARDEN T-TP SAXE BLUE 003.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 22
  • saxe blue.jpg
    saxe blue.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 30
  • 30MM RARDEN TP-T 006.jpg
    30MM RARDEN TP-T 006.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Thanks Ken, they look great. How will you do the stencilling? Would a rubber stamp be authentic? Don't know if the drive band should be painted.
Cheers
Gary

stencil 30mm rarden

Hi Gary for these I use Letraset from ebay just used 3mm medium condensed for this size of projectile but need more to finnish it . then a dust of clear matt lacquer . a rubber stamp would be good I went to a place up the road but they wouldn't do it because of ammo etc heres a pic one I am doing just couldn't wait mate lol
Thanks Ken, they look great. How will you do the stencilling? Would a rubber stamp be authentic? Don't know if the drive band should be painted.
Cheers
Gary

Attachments

• stencil 001.jpg
    stencil 001.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 29
  • stencil 002.jpg
    stencil 002.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 24
The drive band shouldn't be painted except where the spray accidentally gets on it. Remember for them to look real they should not be perfect, bit of faded lettering etc. They are only made to be spat out at something, not a work of art. Ken, if you want me to cut you some vinyl stencils to spray the lettering on for them, let me know.

C.