What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37 x 232SR Breda M1939

If you get no replies (but maybe Fausto is not awake yet) I have only pictures of the steel and brass case....

Bump.....I have been sent detailed case measurements plus an outline of the shape of the projectile, but would really like to see a photo of any projectile for this round, if possible. Can anyone help?

Just to keep the interest going a picture of my Italian case alongside the US 37x222 M17 anti-aircraft gun round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 136
I was wondering if someone could tell me about the markings on the base of the cartridge case?

Joe

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/members/1625-jvollenbergHi Ivollenberg. Likely you already got the info but...markings on that 37mm Italian case mean, clockwise

L14 = lot number
SMI = Societa Metalli Italiana, manufacturer of the case

Crest UTAN Firenze = Italian royal crest and UTAN, Ufficio Tecnico Armi Navali Firenze - Technical Office Naval Weapons, Florence. It looks to me more of a testing sample than a current acceptance marking

Date of manufacturing

Hope it helps.