What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm assortment

Slick

Yea, I know, the upper right is a 40mm. Didn't notice it until after the photo shoot. Anyway, a fairly nice variety of 37mm examples in the latest haul. Got a few empty hulls as well, which will be posted in another thread.

Rick

Shell, 37mm assortment 002 (Small).jpg

you did really well on your latest haul Rick,,thanks for sharing it all with us

Hi Rick,
Great collection of 37mm bits there, i like the pair of aircobra rounds you did well to get the M54 fuze i have been after one of those for ages. Are you planning your next road trip already ?
Best regards Weasel.

Last edited:
Weasel,

I think he's done unloading, so unless he was sandbaggin' me, I believe this is the last of the lot. And unless there's a WHOLE bunch of stuff, the mail will have to suffice as that 12 hour roundtrip trip is a killer on this old body.
And I agree on the M54 fuze. Sadly, it's badly gutted, but looks good if you don't get too close.
He does have a dummy Davey Crockett 20mm spotter round I would love to add to my assortment. As well as a 20/40 experimental. Not optimistic on that one.

Rick

Nice Russian/Soviet 37mm AC round. Noticed the 40mm looks like the ones that they turned down, threaded and put in the 2.75" FFAR Practice as a fuze simulator/weight. Cheers, Bruce.

Hmmmmm. Will have to look a little closer at that 40mm.

Soooo much stuff. A bit overwhelming. A collection spanning 50+ years. Probably will never get that opportunity again. Still a bit dumbstruck. I'll get it all lined up/out one of these days.

The 40mm projo is definitely turned down, but it isn't threaded like the ones they used as dummy fuzes, plus it looks like it had quite a lot of material removed.