What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm mystery

SG500

Premium Member
Hi all, could someone identify this please?
Fired and relic but oddly the base is not at all relic with some good stamping and original paint.
The calibre is 37mm.
The projectile is solid with no cavity.
The length of the projectile very short at 75mm
The number of grooves on the fired driving band is 12.
The driving band is 16mm wide but as its fired is likely to be wider than pre firing.
Thanks.
Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_4377.JPG
    IMG_4377.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4378.JPG
    IMG_4378.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
Interesting, I think I saw a dummy round with such a projectile recently. Unfortunately no marks. Following.

The crown should be a hint, looks as something from North Europe, like Sweden or Denmark.

WOW that was quick thank you Chris and Hoeksel.
Which case?
Dave.

Sorry, but no it isn't. It's an acceptance stamp. For example also found on German Z.Z.S/60 naval fuzes from danish post (2nd) world war stocks. I think the abbreviation was described somewhere in BOCN but I forgot about it's meaning.

//Edit: after a short online search: SA means "Sø Artilleriet" - Naval Artillery. Example here:

Last edited:
Sorry, but no it isn't. It's an acceptance stamp. For example also found on German Z.Z.S/60 naval fuzes from danish post (2nd) world war stocks. I think the abbreviation was described somewhere in BOCN but I forgot about it's meaning.

//Edit: after a short online search: SA means "Sø Artilleriet" - Naval Artillery. Example here:

Acceptance versus a designation stamp? GTG, thanks.