What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm projectile?

Mathias

Hello,

I have this case with projectile in it.
The cartridge case is a German 37X94R, but the projectile looks strange to me. Is this a real projectile or is it self made by somebody for decoration?
The length of the projectile is 69mm and the weight is 565g.

Thanks,
Mathias

Attachments

• Headstamp.jpg
    Headstamp.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Onderkant.jpg
    Onderkant.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6683.jpg
    IMG_6683.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 39
  • duo.jpg
    duo.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 54
I think it is home made for deocoration. No rotating band,, solid construction and the machining marks are clues.I have seen 2 others that look similar.

Looks like you have a nice counterfeit 37mm repro projectile. No one would have a use for a solid brass projectile.

Hi HAZORD,Re solid brass projectile,I have a solid brass projectile,it has 3 driving bands and has been fired,it is a French 25mm Hotchkiss (I think)training round,I agree with you about the 37mm Mathias has shown,it was made just to go with the case,
Regards,Don,

Hi HAZORD,Re solid brass projectile,I have a solid brass projectile,it has 3 driving bands and has been fired,it is a French 25mm Hotchkiss (I think)training round,I agree with you about the 37mm Mathias has shown,it was made just to go with the case,
Regards,Don,

Do you really mean a solid brass one or just one with a tombak jacket and steel core inside a lead sleeve as the regular AP projectile?