What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37x256mm TP round for Vigilante gun

Tony Williams

This is an interesting item up for sale, longer than the usual Vigilante round: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=311620428

pix318341329.jpg

There were a number of experimental case sizes for the vigilante that were larger than the standard steel cases that are most commonly found. Some are brass, and have a different T number (test round) identification. Looking at the photo, this round has some problems. The case is rough, as if it were rusty and repainted, instead of the normal gloss laquer. There also appears to be a dent in the bottom side of the tip. Also the lack of more photos hints at problems.

Dopey me, I know that and remember it now that I've been reminded. It's good to see that some of the experimental Vigilante stuff made it up into Canadia!