What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3inch aircraft practice rocket ??

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Can anyone provide a POSITIVE id on this rocket,and if possible a drawing or photograph with the SAME type of warhead (practice ??)
At the venturi end it is about 3 1/4 inches but this includes the seperate bit the fins are attatched to so at a guess the motor section is 3 inches,
I didnt have time to measure or photograph it properly so sorry for mobile phone picture quality
thanks for looking spotter

Attachments

• 3inrockDSC00080.jpg
    3inrockDSC00080.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 3inrockDSC00086.jpg
    3inrockDSC00086.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 49
  • 3inrockDSC00082.jpg
    3inrockDSC00082.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 3inrockDSC00084.jpg
    3inrockDSC00084.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 3inrockDSC00085.jpg
    3inrockDSC00085.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 35
Not 100% positive id but i have just found this image of a very similar style warhead that is for the 12lb practice 3in aircraft rocket,,if you can add anymore please do so,the more info the better

Attachments

• rhead3.jpg
    rhead3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 32
Not 100% positive id but i have just found this image of a very similar style warhead that is for the 12lb practice 3in aircraft rocket,,if you can add anymore please do so,the more info the better

Looks Good to me, without checking the books...

3" in Rocket

Definately looks like a standard air launched 3" in rocket with the correct fin set with the "hook" to attach to the next rocket in the "stack" as well as the front slider pin.

Nose is I believe fairly unusual as the most common version was fitted with the "concrete" Projectile.

Good stuff so long as they all fire in order !

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t: