What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm Grenade Markings

EODGUY

I am looking at an Austrian brochure on 40mm grenade rounds and have some questions on the markings of several rounds. One is the Nr. 112 high explosive marked "HE/S". What does the "S" stand for? Thought it might be self-destruct but other rounds are clearly marked "SD". Another is the Nr. 92 lg. red phosphorous smoke/incendiary which is marked "RP II lg." What does the II (actually a Roman numeral two) and the lg. stand for? The last is a loading with a gray body and a light brown or gold nose (can't tell for sure which it is) that is marked "BS-SD". The SD is no problem, but the BS is not identified. I also realize it is not filled with bull s***, that filling is left to our politicians. The illustrations are not the best so posting photos of them would not help much.

I take it you are talking about what is now 'Rheinmetall Waffe Munition Arges GmbH'?

Anyway, your BS-SD one is below.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 32