What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm Grenades

EODGUY

Here are some of the 40mm rounds from my collection I thought might interest some others.
Photo 1 l-r: M397 Bounding HE; M397A1 Bounding HE; M407A1 Practice; M406 HE
Photo 2 l-r: M433 HEDP; M433A1 HEDP; XM651E1 Tactical CS; XM?? Improved Effectiveness Cartridge.
Photo 3 l-r: Experimental Practice; M781 Practice; XM781 Practice; M713 Red Smoke Ground Marker.
Photo 4 l-r: XM635 Yellow Smoke Ground; M661 Green Star Parachute; XM585 White Star Cluster; AAI's Enclosed Area CS cartridge.
Photo 5 l-r: XM683 Rocket Assisted HE; Experimental AVCO Rocket Assisted HE; M430 HEDP; M384 HE
Photo 6 l-r: M576E2 Multiple Projectile; M576E1 Multiple Projectile; Experimental Scimitar loading with 13 thin metal gliders with a razor sharp leading edge; Experimental flechette loading.
Photo 7 l-r: Four variations of the Disposable Barrel Cartridge Area Test Ammunition (DBCATA) rounds. The far right is the XM690. A folded metal envelope in the case held the gas pressure effectively making a silent, smokeless, flashless cartridge.
Photo 8 l-r: Expended DBCATA case with the envelope extended; One of the numerous Telecartridge experimental cases using the folded metal envelope for usse in the M79/M203 launchers; Experimental CS loading with a ping-pong ball filled with powdered CS in a four-piece plastic sabot; Austrian Type 112 HE/PDSD made by ARGES.
I have many other sectioned ordnance that I will try and post at a later time.

Attachments

• 40mm 1.jpg
    40mm 1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 382
  • 40mm 2.jpg
    40mm 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 40mm 3.jpg
    40mm 3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 40mm 4.jpg
    40mm 4.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 40mm 5.jpg
    40mm 5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 40mm 6.jpg
    40mm 6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 40mm 7.jpg
    40mm 7.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 40mm 8.jpg
    40mm 8.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 269
40mm

Wow, that is some collection, I real enjoy seeing cut aways, thanks for posting the photos.

I would have thought pzgr40 would be all over this thread. Fantastic selection of sectioned rounds, i have never even heard of the flechette loading ones before. Very interesting to see, thanks for sharing them with us,
Best regards Weasel.

Awesome, awesome, collection. You wouldn't have photos of the other side of them, would you? :wink:

Good to see you here too Frank! GROG

(I was going to e-mail you about this site, but I see I'm too late...)

Good day sir
Nice collection, I really like shot #6 and would really appreaciate it I could get a couple closer shots of the 2 grenades to the right.

My 40 collection (over the years) went by the way side - some the army made me turn in (even though I got them above board, OK maybe there were a couple in question), the rest I traded off or sold. I guess you know by now jack McGeorge past away, jack and I worked a number of projects together and I traded him my .22 cal, M433 mounted, and a couple experimental ones that revolved around chem/bio. I tried to get a number of tiems from his son, but no luck.

Hey guys (greetings Mike) I have been off the web for about a month and will not be back on on a regular basis for a week or so more. Hence no postings or viewings really. once the dust settles here I will answer your threads and post some more photos that you wanted. I had not heard about Jack McGeorge passing. Guess we aren't getting any younger are we. Bob

Superb collection!!!

Thank you for sharing as I have now finally ID one of my 40mm HE rounds - M397 Bounding HE.

Cheers
Drew