What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

47mm projectile

earni74

Premium Member
I have had this for 6 months and have not been able to identify it.

Height is 160mm

Diameter is 57mm

Band width is 19mm ( BRASS )

Thanks.001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg

It is a Hotchkiss PD type. The three rounded bands are distinctively Hotchkiss. No idea
what fuze and it might be made under license elsewhere too. It is too long
for a revolving cannon so it is for a Navel 6pdr type case, likely one with a rivited
base.

It is a Hotchkiss PD type. The three rounded bands are distinctively Hotchkiss. No idea
what fuze and it might be made under license elsewhere too. It is too long
for a revolving cannon so it is for a Navel 6pdr type case, likely one with a rivited
base.

You're right, driving band of Gruson is different.
Regards

The stamp on the base,i can only make out the "R",there is something else,but can't make it out with a mag glass

regards

Hallo, sterben knnte 5,7 cm Sprenggranate z) sein. Hie das Datenblatt.Seite 9.jpg Gru Joerg.

earni74

Have you tried rubbing chalk into the marking? That might make it a little clearer.

eodda

I disagree, same calibre, very different band design ( a more modern style) , drawing has no brass collar.

The image shows Hotchkiss large calibre projectiles all with the triple rounded band.

"sterben knnte 5,7 cm Sprenggranate z) sein. Hie das Datenblatt. Gru Joerg."

Attachments

• Untitled-13.jpg
    Untitled-13.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 44
Hi EODDA

I have tried everything,it must have been stamped at an angle,very frustrating,but it happens a lot as you know.

THANKYOU to everyone who has posted comments.